- The WWE promo hits.
- A video package airs showing the importance of the fan voting behind the Cyber Sunday concept.
- A graphic opening then welcomes us to Cyber Sunday as we go live to the Verizon Center. A display of pyro goes off as well.
- Rey Mysterio defeated Finlay in a Stretcher Match. The stretcher stipulation got 40% of the vote to the Shillelagh on a Pole Match and the No DQ Match. Fans in Washington, D.C. were really behind Mysterio and Finlay got some great heel heat. The object here is to put your opponent on the stretcher and push him to the finish line. A shillelagh ended up getting involved in the match with Finlay using it on Mysterio. The finish saw Mysterio hit the 619 on Finlay knocking him onto the stretcher at ringside followed by a big flip dive on Finlay over the stretcher. As Mysterio was wheeling Finlay to the finish line, the stretcher got caught on some cable cord. Looks like both improvised big time at this point as Finlay got off the stretcher, but got knocked back on it and Mysterio wheeeled him to the finish to get the win.
- As noted on WWE.com, they are continuing the speculation that Matt Hardy won't be competing tonight against MVP after suffering an injury on Smackdown. They showed post-match photos of Hardy who was clearly banged up and required stitches to his forehead. They show MVP confronting Matt backstage saying he agreed with the medical professionals on not clearing him to compete tonight. Hardy said he still wanted to compete. MVP said he heard a decision has already been made for his opponents tonight to either be Mark Henry, The Great Khali or Kane with the WWE U.S. Title on the line.
- At ringside, JBL was shown wearing a referee outfit saying the voting is close tonight. Voting is also available on WWE.com for tonight's U.S. Title Match involving MVP defending against either Mark Henry, The Great Khali or Kane.
- A backstage promo was shown of Victoria and Kenny Dykstra dressed as Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna for Halloween.
- CM Punk defeated The Miz to retain the ECW Championship. The Miz won 39% of the vote. Gotta say this was a big shock here. Lots of ground wrestling early on between the two, which might have been an indicator that they didn't think the voting was going to go this way at all. Fans in Washington, D.C. where chanting "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" at The Miz. Despite the fan reaction, the match wasn't all that bad. Punk hit a quick bulldog on Miz that resulted in a two count. The finish saw Punk get the win with the Go To Sleep to retain the title.
- Backstage, Mickie James was shown wearing a Native American costume, while Torrie Wilson was wearing a Washington Redskins jersey.
- A video package aired looking at the current WWE Title situation.
- Shawn Michaels won 59% of the vote to face Randy Orton tonight for the WWE Title. They announced the two losers would face each other in a singles match next.
- Mr. Kennedy defeated WWE Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy in a Non-Title Bonus Match. Hardy sent Kennedy to the floor early on in the match, with Hardy taking out Kennedy by leaping over the top rope. Hardy took out Kennedy with a quick huricanranna back in the ring. Kennedy blocked a Twist of Fate attempt only to get the Whisper in the Wind. The finish, which went down rather quickly, saw Hardy miss a dropkick and hit his head on the mat allowing Kennedy to cover for the quick pinfall.
- Backstage, Michelle McCool is dressed as Eve, while Melina is dressed like a Las Vegas showgirl.
- A JBL video aired (very political like and rather funny) to get fans to vote for him. Mick Foley also went for the fans vote as well tonight with the classic "yeah!" line at the end.
- Kane won 67% of the vote to earn a shot at the WWE U.S. Title against MVP.
- Kane defeated WWE U.S. Champion MVP via countout - MVP retains the U.S. Title. The match started with MVP avoiding Kane early on. Kane sent MVP into the ring post and started working on his ribs. Kane continued to work on his ribs with numerous punches, knees and kicks. The finish saw MVP simply roll out and fall to the floor and accept the countout finish. The crowd didn't seem to like this finish and who would for $40?
- Another "Save_Us" video aired.
- Promo for Survivor Series on November 18 aired.
- Backstage, Layla is dressed as a cop and Kelly Kelly is dressed up like a gangster.
- Backstage, WWE Champion Randy Orton talked about his upcoming title defense against Shawn Michaels. A video aired of Orton taking out HBK in the past and how tonight would be no different.
- Shawn Michaels defeated WWE Champion Randy Orton via DQ; Orton retains the WWE Title. Early on, Orton caught HBK with a big uppercut. They started exchanging blows in the ring until Orton took HBK down and started working on his left elbow that was taped up. HBK got a close pinfall after after counting a back drop attempt by Orton. Orton then got in a series of offense on HBK with a quick backbreaker. HBK responded with an flying elbow off the top, but Orton moved. HBK countered an RKO attempt by Orton into a close backslide pin. HBK finally connected with the flying elbow. HBK started to tune up the band as the fans got behind him. The finish saw HBK go for the Sweet Chin Music, but Orton ducked and low blowed HBK to cause the DQ. After the match, Orton looked to kick HBK in the head to put him out of action again until HBK jumped up to his feet and connected with the Sweet Chin Music on Orton.
- We saw a shot of Brooke dressed as Jane (from the jungle) and Jillian Hall is dressed as Britney Spears. Jim Ross called this the worst Halloween costume contest ever.
- A promo for WrestleMania 24 on March 30, 2008 aired. Tickets go on sale this Saturday.
- The Street Fight stipulation won with 57% of the vote for Triple H vs. Umaga tonight. The crowd in Washington, D.C. didn't like this and obviously wanted to see a Steel Cage.
- Triple H defeated Umaga in a Street Fight Match. The match started right away with both brawling at the entrance area when Umaga came out second. The action spilled into the audience a bit until they both made it to the ringside area. Triple H brought in a trash can and cracked it over the head of Umaga. They brawled to the outside again and Umaga sent Triple H into the steel steps. Umaga tried to use a steel chair on Triple H, but Triple H caught Umaga with a low blow followed by giving Umaga a DDT over the chair. Umaga went to the outside and removed the top of the announce tables at ringside. Umaga took out Triple H with a splash through the ECW announce table. The action spilled back into the ring and Umaga attempted a splash, but Triple H moved. The finish saw Triple H get a sledgehammer on the outside. Once inside, Umaga attempted a Samoan Spike but missed. Triple H caught Umaga with the sledgehammer followed by a Pedigree and got the pinfall. Very good match.
- Plug for the 500th anniversary issue of WWE magazine.
- Todd Grisham revealed the winner of the Halloween costume voting. Mickie James won with 21%.
- They showed a video highlight package of the Batista-Undertaker feud.
- 13,189,061 votes were casted world wide, claimed Grisham.
Steve Austin - 79%
Mick Foley - 11%
JBL - 10%
JBL interrupted the voting results, and climbed into the ring. Mick Foley came down the ring. Austin was declared the winner, but Foley and JBL brawled in the ring. Outcame Austin. Austin stuns Foley, but receives a clothesline by JBL. JBL went for the clothesline from hell, but Austin countered with a stunner.
World title match: Batista vs. The Undertaker (with Austin as the referee).
With JBL out of commission, The King has joined Cole in the Smackdown booth. Cole said this is Undertaker-Batista's fourth title match this year. Undertaker went atop to do the old school top rope walk, but Batista punched him to counter. Vintage Undertaker with a leg drop on the ring apron across Batista's neck. Batista caught Undertaker's vintage top rope walk/drop, and hit a spinbuster on the challenger. Chokeslam by Undertaker, but Batista kicked out. Spear by Batista, but only a two count. Last Ride by Undertaker, but it took alot of Undertaker. Two count, again. Spinbuster by Batista, but again, only two. Undertaker bounced back up on the mat. Batista bomb, but 2 1/2, and Taker kicks out.
A second Batista bomb, and Batista scores the pinfall victory at 17:25.